The Kamrunnesa Khatun Foundation (KKF) is an independent nonprofit charity, committed to bringing about better lives for the disadvantaged people in Bangladesh. The Foundation’s social welfare and humanitarian journey started in 2011, in commemoration of the noble deeds of Ms. Kamrunnesa Khatun. KKF works to improve the lives of the underprivileged and disadvantaged groups of people in society by providing them with the opportunity to live full and independent lives.
KKF engages with initiatives marginalized and underprivileged population to bring them into mainstream development as active participation is a pre-requisite to their sustainable development. KKF works with a vision for change—a vision to bring qualitative changes in the lives of the underprivileged, especially through supporting the access to quality education, nutritious food, safe water, shelter and sanitation for the underprivileged children all over Bangladesh.
KKF works to bridge the gaps and empowers the educated unemployed youth, women and marginalized farmers to participate in income generating activities and establish them as independent, socially active, self-employed and successful entrepreneurs. KKF also makes pure, unadulterated and quality food available to the urban population for a healthier living.
Our vision for Bangladesh is that of a country of vibrant, inclusive communities where social enterprises thrive to ensure sustainable and equitable development through capacity building and promoting entrepreneurship and transforming the lives of the most disadvantaged people.
Our mission is to be the catalyst to make a lasting difference in the lives of the deprived people and:
- To strengthen the disadvantaged, marginalized and neglected people of Bangladesh through empowerment in social, economic, financial and other aspects.
- To expand employment and livelihood opportunities for the vulnerable population through ensuring participation in education, training, health security, entrepreneurship and social activities.
Pledges to ensure transparency and accountability in all aspects of its operation
- Ensures inclusiveness and empowerment for all
- Tries to ensure a lasting impact of everything that we do
- Maintains unity at work
- Strives to carry out its tasks in innovative and standardized ways